29 February 2012

Boiled Yolk Cookies

hey!
The other day, working for a hotel coffeebreak, we made these cookies which I loved and can be adapted in so many ways!
The recipe is super easy, with only 4 ingredients. We made it with 30 eggs but I'll give you the recipe with only 4 eggs that I made yesterday and it yields around 30-40 cookies.


4 eggs
80 gr sugar
130 gr softened butter
230 gr plain flour


Boil the eggs, put them in an ice bath, peel them and take only the boiled yolks.
Mash the yolks with a fork until they form a paste.
Add the sugar and mix with the hand - very important!! - if you use a machine you won't get the same texture
Pour in the butter, mixing, and finally add the flour in 3 - 4 batches until the dough absorbs all the flour.
The perfect texture is crumbly.


Form little balls and press your finger on them, so they're prettier.
Sprinkle a baking tray with some flour, accommodate your little cookies in there (they won't grow too much so you can fit them almost together!)
They bake in a 180ºc/350ºf for about 15 min, until they're golden 


(mine were a little more tanned but it depends on your taste!)


I couldn't shoot my cookies but I took a picture of the box I wrapped them in, to offer this evening when I went to have dinner at a friend's house (by the way, the dinner was great! Penne with shrimp and tomato and coriander sauce, really portuguese and comfy!)






Have a good night
jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

adorava saber o que achou!